Monday, May 18, 2015

responding to picture texts

Dear Cheri,

When you send a picture to someone is it okay to ask them if they got it and if it was okay?
People ask me that all the time and I send them a response but my new friend says that makes me needy. He sends me stuff and gets testy if I don't respond. I don't understand.

Clueless


Dear Clueless,

I am not sure what he means by the word needy. I would think he is mixing up acceptance with needy. You might be insecure about your looks if you were turned down by others recently and I would understand that. I think he doesn't want to invest in your emotional support and he mixes your question with that definition. I think he needs to understand that a person searching on these dating sites sometimes don't want to waste their time. Many ask if you like it to rule you out and move on, if that is what you are doing then no you aren't needy. I think you need to ask yourself what you want from his answer. Is he validating your beliefs about yourself or are you trying to see if he was still interested? Then I would take it from there if he is validating your beliefs I would work on your insecurities learn to believe in yourself and don't let someone else define you. Get out there and define yourself, believe in yourself. You are worth it! I would think he should understand texts don't always go through and  it is only courtesy to say that you have. A compliment is good sometimes but I am thinking he would only compliment if he had ulterior motives. That is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment